Little Athletics WA understands the harmful effects of smoking on health, fitness and performance in sport, and as a result has adopted the following Policy:
- ATHLETE/PARTICIPANTS are reminded that smoking adversely affects performances and are prohibited from smoking at all whilst engaged in Little Athletic activities.
- COACHES AND OFFICIALS are reminded of their responsibility as role models particularly with juniors, and are asked to refrain from smoking whilst associated with our sport.
- PREMISES and competition areas are smoke free zones – smoking permitted only in the car park
- SPECTATORS are reminded smoking is inappropriate behaviour in a sporting environment and are asked to respect our Non-smoking Policy.
- VISITING ATHLETES, COACHES, OFFICIALS AND ADMINISTRATORS are also asked to respect our Code of Behaviour and Non-smoking Policy.